Dry anything is horrible to have. But sometimes it feels like you can’t ever get rid of it. Winter is the worst time for me because my skin gets dry, when I wash my face it feels tight, and my scalp is dry and flakey. I’ve been testing some of these products for years and some for a few weeks. So I wanted to share some of the best products I’ve used to help with all of the dry.
- 2 Cups of Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/8 Cup of Sugar
- 1/2 Cup of Vegetable Oil
- 2 Tablespoons of Milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 2-3 Ripe Bananas Mashed
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips or Chopped Walnuts (OPTIONAL)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit.
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl and set aside
- In a separate bowl mix egg, sugar, and oil until completely combined.
- Now add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix well. It will be very dry and thick
- In the small bowl mash bananas until it looks like a creamy mixture.
- Add milk, vanilla, and mashed bananas. Mix until it’s all combined.
- (For our optional ingredients you can now mix chocolate chips or walnuts. I personally don’t add the walnuts into the bread I add it as a topper but you can add it into the bread if you’d like.)
- Pour into your bread loaf pan (Now would be the time to add the walnuts to the top of the bread)
- Bake for 60-70 minutes, knife should come out clean and Tada!
- This one might sound like a no brainer but it’s something I’ve been continuously working on. I usually get up before the boys and having my alone time in the morning before they get up has been a great way to start my day. I enjoy my coffee and a piece of toast and catch up on all of my social channels. It’s just so calming and peaceful to have my 30 minutes and start my day before all of the chaos of the days starts.
- Before I hop in the shower or soak in the tub, I like to take 10-15 of some self care. I put on a face mask and/or hair mask, teeth whitening and let it set. Once I’m ready I like to take a extra long shower or put on some calming music and soak in the tub. Totally brings me a sense of calm.
- Personal time away from the home. This is huge! I don’t care if I need to take a walk, go to the grocery store, or stop to get an ice cream cone alone. Having my own time to take a breather completely changes my mood. Especially when it’s been one of those days. (Can’t wait to be in Colorado to get some alone time.)
- Planning a girls trip! Since we live so close to Vegas this has been one of our easy and goto trips that we like to take. A weekend get away to a concert or staying at a hotel to lay by the pool is such a nice refresher. We’ve taken cross country trips to visit friends and I’m so excited to be going on a cruise with one of my girlfriends!
- Last but on least, lock yourself in your room with a glass of wine! (or a diet coke!) I am not kidding. Put on your kids favorite show go hide in the nearest closet and BOTTOMS UP!
First let me say….the things you do as a mother. YUCK.
I HATE bananas.
I know what you’re thinking,
“If you hate bananas how can you make the best banana bread in all of the land?”
Answer: Everyone tells me that it’s the best banana bread.
This is super easy and one of my kids favorite breads that I make.
All of the ingredients you need you probably already have in your kitchen. Did you forget to eat a few bananas and feel guilty about throwing them away. WELL DON’T TOSS THEM! 3-5 past what you would have eaten the bananas are the best banana bread bananas. You want them to be brown and squishy!
Plus I got to use my new cast iron bread pan that I got for christmas! Thank you secret santa!
Heres the one I use
What You Need:
I hope you guys enjoyed this recipe. I’ve been making it for years! You can also bake these into little muffins. The kids like these in the morning for breakfast. Just cut the time down to 30 minutes and check on them.
I have been a Stay-At-Home Mom for 5 years now! I can’t believe that 5 years has flown by. It’s been a busy, challenging, eye opening, humbling, and amazing experience. Growing up I never envisioned myself as a SAHM but I’m grateful that I have had this opportunity and will always cherish these moments when my boys.
With that being said, they are a bunch of shits that drive me bananas!
I can’t tell you how many times they’ve brought me to tears and I had to lock myself somewhere to get a breather from them. They’ve tested my patience and have really put me to the test questioning whether I can really handle being a mom. I have to say this has been extra hard the last 2 months since Ethan has been gone and I’ve been solo with the kids day and night. So these are five things I do to help me stay sane.
I hope you enjoyed this list of things that help me keep my sanity as a SAHM! I’d love to hear what things you do and how you keep your sanity!
This is the first year that we will be buying teacher gifts and I am so excited with how ours turned out! I wasn’t trying to spend a fortune but I wanted to give functional and realistic gifts that not everyone would be giving. I decided on a basket filled with goodies. Kellan has his teacher and a teachers assistant. So we doubled up on our gifts. After purchasing our mugs for our teachers it was brought to my attention that mugs are a no-no gift because all parents every year want to give a mug gift. If you decide you want to there is nothing wrong with that but try and add a little something else.
A couple of weekends ago we went to St. George and had so much fun! We went to some really awesome places and found some really pretty spots to take the kids. I met some fun moms and over all we really enjoyed our time. Of course we can’t forget about all of the food we ate while we were there! I want to thank My Place St. George for hosting us! We made some fun memories and the kids are STILL talking about the heated pool!
First off this hotel has everything you’re looking for when traveling with your family or even solo. My absolute favorite thing is breakfast in bed! Yes you read that right! You have the option to order breakfast in bed for a small $4.95 fee. You pick from a list of items and they bring it to you the night before, so when you wake in the morning there is no need to wait on anyone, everything is right there for you. The kids were so excited in the morning to drink their chocolate milk and eat breakfast. I personally loved it because I didn’t have to jump up and feed all five us! That’s what I call a Win-Win for everyone!
Which brings me to, if you don’t want breakfast in bed and you want to cook breakfast for yourself you have the option to! Each room is equipped with a small kitchen. It includes a full sized fridge, sink, coffee maker, toaster, microwave, and 2 burner stove top! Yes, your room has a stove! If you want to make pancakes and eggs you can totally do that! The kitchen is one of my favorite aspects of the room because traveling with kids we come with a lot of snacks and food so having a place to keep everything makes my life so much easier.
One of the biggest game changers for a hotel is having a place to do your laundry. This is such an ideal amenity to have available for guest and is definitely one of my favorites. I love being able to do laundry before heading home from a long trip. The boys and I went down to the laundry area and played a game while we were waiting for it to finish. They have the space very open and available. The guest laundry room is open 24/7 and is a great space that include a lounge and TV.
And last but not least the heated pool! At first we were kind of sad to see the pool being outside because it’s definitely colder in St. George than it is in Arizona but when we found out that it was heated the kids couldn’t get in there fast enough. It’s fun and super kid friendly with the palm tree that spouts water and the little fountains on the side. The boys loved it and even made a point to dip their toes in one last time.
One of the best parts about us staying in St. George was that we were a short drive away from Zion National Park. If you’ve never been this is definitely a place to have on your list. We planned a day trip with the kids and had such a nice time enjoying the fresh air and a little hike. This was our second time going out here and it was definitely one for the books. Can’t wait for all of us to go again.
If you’re looking for a great place to stay when planning your next trip to St. George, Utah than My Place St. George is the place to be! You can use code HEYERIN15 at check out to save 15% on your next trip to St. George.
Thank you PayPal and Walmart for sponsoring this post. Introducing PayPal cash in and cash out money services, the financial services alternative which allows you to manage your cash flow on your own terms!
The past 3 months have been a crazy whirlwind with this Airbnb. We started it not knowing how it would do, whether we would get any bookings or if this would be lucrative in anyway. If I’m completely honest, I had very low expectations. I told Ethan before we listed it to give it two months before we completely wrote it off. He was a little hesitant because we weren’t sure what would come of it. I was secretly hoping we would at least make $200! Because we live in a smaller town and never thought we would have anyone that would really stay with us. Boy was I wrong!! This has turned into the perfect side hustle for me. This has been one way we were able to expand our financial freedom!
Having a non-traditional job had definitely been different for me. One thing that has been so beneficial is how easy using PayPal cash in and cash out money services at Walmart stores. We get paid after each guest stay and I can run to our local Walmart to take cash out from our PayPal account. What I love most is that we can basically find a Walmart anywhere so it gives us peace of mind because of how reliable it is.
A little about how PayPal cash in and cash out works is, you have access to your PayPal balance at any cash register, Walmart service desk or ATM at any US Walmart. You can easily put cash in and take cash out when needed. If you have a PayPal Mastercard, you can easily make purchases or pay bills online anywhere Mastercards are accepted. I place a lot of online orders securely using out PayPal Mastercard.
I don’t know if it’s luck but we have been consistantly busy since we’ve started. This has been a great way for me to stay home and make money. Our Airbnb has been so fun to run and we’ve met so many people from all of the world! This has truly been a great venture for us and we can’t wait to try something like this out in Colorado.
You can learn more about PayPal cash in and cash out services today!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
I want to start this first with that fact that this is my TWO year blogiversary!
Can you believe I’ve had this blog of mine for 2 years now!!!! I can’t get over how fast the time has gone and how much I have had planned for this baby of mine. I started it to have a place to share things I love and to give little life updates, kind of like the one you’re about to read. I wanted to grow a community of people that enjoyed doing some of the same things I love and I can’t tell you how thankful I am for each and every one of you. I have had some amazing opportunities and have had some of my biggest supporters in the crazy endeavor I started.