First let me say….the things you do as a mother. YUCK.
I HATE bananas.
I know what you’re thinking,
“If you hate bananas how can you make the best banana bread in all of the land?”
Answer: Everyone tells me that it’s the best banana bread.
This is super easy and one of my kids favorite breads that I make.
All of the ingredients you need you probably already have in your kitchen. Did you forget to eat a few bananas and feel guilty about throwing them away. WELL DON’T TOSS THEM! 3-5 past what you would have eaten the bananas are the best banana bread bananas. You want them to be brown and squishy!
Plus I got to use my new cast iron bread pan that I got for christmas! Thank you secret santa!
Heres the one I use
What You Need:
- 2 Cups of Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/8 Cup of Sugar
- 1/2 Cup of Vegetable Oil
- 2 Tablespoons of Milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 2-3 Ripe Bananas Mashed
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips or Chopped Walnuts (OPTIONAL)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit.
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl and set aside
- In a separate bowl mix egg, sugar, and oil until completely combined.
- Now add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix well. It will be very dry and thick
- In the small bowl mash bananas until it looks like a creamy mixture.
- Add milk, vanilla, and mashed bananas. Mix until it’s all combined.
- (For our optional ingredients you can now mix chocolate chips or walnuts. I personally don’t add the walnuts into the bread I add it as a topper but you can add it into the bread if you’d like.)
- Pour into your bread loaf pan (Now would be the time to add the walnuts to the top of the bread)
- Bake for 60-70 minutes, knife should come out clean and Tada!
I hope you guys enjoyed this recipe. I’ve been making it for years! You can also bake these into little muffins. The kids like these in the morning for breakfast. Just cut the time down to 30 minutes and check on them.
I have been a Stay-At-Home Mom for 5 years now! I can’t believe that 5 years has flown by. It’s been a busy, challenging, eye opening, humbling, and amazing experience. Growing up I never envisioned myself as a SAHM but I’m grateful that I have had this opportunity and will always cherish these moments when my boys.
With that being said, they are a bunch of shits that drive me bananas!
I can’t tell you how many times they’ve brought me to tears and I had to lock myself somewhere to get a breather from them. They’ve tested my patience and have really put me to the test questioning whether I can really handle being a mom. I have to say this has been extra hard the last 2 months since Ethan has been gone and I’ve been solo with the kids day and night. So these are five things I do to help me stay sane.
- This one might sound like a no brainer but it’s something I’ve been continuously working on. I usually get up before the boys and having my alone time in the morning before they get up has been a great way to start my day. I enjoy my coffee and a piece of toast and catch up on all of my social channels. It’s just so calming and peaceful to have my 30 minutes and start my day before all of the chaos of the days starts.
- Before I hop in the shower or soak in the tub, I like to take 10-15 of some self care. I put on a face mask and/or hair mask, teeth whitening and let it set. Once I’m ready I like to take a extra long shower or put on some calming music and soak in the tub. Totally brings me a sense of calm.
- Personal time away from the home. This is huge! I don’t care if I need to take a walk, go to the grocery store, or stop to get an ice cream cone alone. Having my own time to take a breather completely changes my mood. Especially when it’s been one of those days. (Can’t wait to be in Colorado to get some alone time.)
- Planning a girls trip! Since we live so close to Vegas this has been one of our easy and goto trips that we like to take. A weekend get away to a concert or staying at a hotel to lay by the pool is such a nice refresher. We’ve taken cross country trips to visit friends and I’m so excited to be going on a cruise with one of my girlfriends!
- Last but on least, lock yourself in your room with a glass of wine! (or a diet coke!) I am not kidding. Put on your kids favorite show go hide in the nearest closet and BOTTOMS UP!
I hope you enjoyed this list of things that help me keep my sanity as a SAHM! I’d love to hear what things you do and how you keep your sanity!