We purchased a dinosaur costume from Amazon for Knox’s dinosaur birthday. Since Ethan is living in Colorado right now I thought it would be funny to take boudoir photos in the costume and get it printed for him. You can only imagine what the people at Walgreens thought when they printed the photo and had it placed on the wood canvas haha. So I wanted to do something different and funny, something that wasn’t your typical V-Day gift and I got the BEST reaction!
I’ve had a huge outpour of interest in making my DIY wooden headboard! I think most of you were shocked at how cheap it was to make yourself and trust me when I say I was just as shocked! I’ve been looking everyone to buy one including big furniture stores and even our local Ross and they all seemed extremely pricey. The cheapest one I found was still running about $145. The crazy part is, I made mine for under $55! 52.31 to exact!!!
If you couldn’t tell by the title or by my IG Stories, Kellan is obsessed with being Captain America for Halloween. On top of that, he picked out what everyone was going to be this year too. (If you want to see our family costumes you can take a peek right here!) I bought his costume and of course he wanted all of the things that came along with it. What costume is complete with out all of the accessories, right!? Well the shield ended up costing as much as the costume, and not that we couldn’t afford to buy it, I didn’t want to because I know it will either end up not being used ever or broken and in the trash! So I decided I would try and make one and see how it came out.
It’s finally FRI-YAY!!
I’m so excited that I am getting little girls trip with my mom this weekend! Hopefully I can sleep in, win at bingo, and get a pedicure. haha a mothers dream, right!? So I thought it would be fun to make some slime to keep the boys busy this weekend while Ethan watches them. It was super easy to make and the kids LOVE it! I’m sure you probably have most of this stuff at home already too.
If you’re obsessed with the show Fixer Upper like I am then you’ll really appreciate this DIY. If you haven’t seen it Chip and Joanna are very much farmhouse style decorators. I die every time I see a farmhouse sink put in. (Those are my favorite!) I just love all the attention to detail Joanna puts into decorating every home. I have such a hard time deciding anything when it comes to the decor in my home let alone deciding for other people. They make everything feel so unique to each family and I think that’s really special.
So on to the DIY. I always see them put a magnolia wreath and a cotton wreath somewhere in the house. Well….every time I look at buying one it kills me a little inside to spend so much money on something. So I do what any other DIYing mama does, I pinterest it. I found a few cotton wreath tutorials but I didn’t love them so I came up with my own version.
Supplies you’ll need
5-6 Cotton Stems (depending on how big you want yours)
So for mine I bought 6 cotton stems but I only used 5. These I bought from Hobby Lobby. I waited until the floral was half off that’s how I got them so cheap. I didn’t want a huge one but if I was to make one for my door I would use 6. What you’re going to start with is cut 8 wires around 3″ long. You won’t need a rule, no exact measurement is needed.
You’re going to start shaping the cotton stem so it’s rounded at the top. I shape them going clockwise. Grab the bottom of the stem and start shaping them in a circular motion. Once all of the stems are rounded start overlapping them so that the end of one meets the top of another stem. Repeat this until you’ve formed a circle. Make sure this is how you want the wreath to be placed.
You’re going to grab one of your wires and wrap it around the the top of one stem and the bottom of another one. Twist until the wire is tight and holing the stems together. Any extra wire wrap around both of the stems.
Continue around the whole wreath until you’ve formed a circle. Once all of the stems are connected you can go back around that need any extra support to hold stem together tight. I added the extra 3-4 wires that I had already cut to use to secure it.
Once all of the wires are in place and you’ve got everything nice and secure flip this baby over and check it out! You’ll need to move the little cotton balls around to cover any spots that might be bare or that you might see some wire. Play around with it until you have everything in the right spots and you’re finished! Just remember cotton wreaths aren’t going to be perfect because each stem is different. Hey Chip and Joanna’s cotton wreath isn’t perfect either!
Hope you enjoyed this DIY!
If you try it out tag me in your post so I can see how it came out or #erinsdiy so I can see everyones awesome wreaths!