The beginning of this month has just been hectic but what do I expect for the month of December, right!? I ended up getting sick and wanting to do my monthly favorites but I didn’t get a chance! SO mid December for my November favorites isn’t too bad..hopefully!!
Here are my favorites for the month of November
Sephora Play Box
This Sephora subscription box has been one of my favorites. If you’ve never subscribed to a box before they are pretty addicting! You get so excited to see what you’ll each month in the mail! Well if you love beauty this one is awesome! For $10 you get deluxe samples of 5 name brand products and a fragrance! They send you a “Play Book” that tells you about the product and if you purchase anything that month you get an extra 50 points added to your VIB card.
Sally Hansen Quick Dry Nail
I have been obsessed with these nail polishes for the past year but because this time of year we took quite a few family pictures that I needed my nails painted I used them quite a bit more in the last month. I’m not joking about the quick dry! Since I’m chasing around two little boys all the time I need something that’s fast. I would say in no more than 3 minutes are your nails completely dry! No smudge, no moving, NOTHING! Don’t believe? Try it out yourself and let me know how it worked for you.
Morphe Blush Brush
If you’ve never heard of Morphe don’t feel bad you’re not the only one. They only have one shop located in Burbank, CA. They make super affordable makeup brushes that work like a dream and the bristles are so soft! I’m just talking about the blush brush but I love the other ones I have too and won’t be looking back! I couldn’t find my exact blush brush on the site but I found one that is almost identical! Mine is the M105 this one is M142 and only $5.99!
Colour Pop Lippie Stix
For how affordable this brand is the formula is great! Because it’s winter time I’m going with the dark shade called LBB but I also love my nude and red colors also! The plum wine color is perfect for bringing in the New Year!
Pevonia Exfoliate Scrub
I’ve been using this exfoliate scrub off and on for about 6 years and I love it! It’s one I like to keep in the shower and use once or twice a week! The little beads leave your skin feeling so soft and smooth. This is great to unclog pores, flakey skin, or anyone looking for smooth feeling skin!
Do you ever feel like you’re in a rush to get out of your house and between getting your kids dressed, presentable, diapers, snacks, and everything other little thing that you probably forgot, getting yourself ready is the last thing you do? As a mom of two, I am always in a hurry trying to get ready whether it be going to the grocery store or just to look like you cared about yourself a little for a mom date that you might have planned. I have three hairstyles in my arsenal that I am always using. If you see me on a semi daily basis you know that if my hair isn’t in a bun it’s in one of these quick and easy hairstyles.
The first one I did was a quick curl and headband braid.
A trick I’ve learned when being in a hurry is if you put your hair in a ponytail and curl it then you can do it faster than if it’s broken off into sections. You won’t get as tight of curls but if you’re in a hurry it’s doesn’t really matter anyways. It took me 3:49 seconds to curl my hair and I finished it off with a headband braid that took me exactly 5 minutes!
The Second one I love to do is a half up bun!
Since my hair was already a little curled this one was even easier. This took a whole 2 minutes. If you are are in a hurry you can follow the first step from above to curl your hair fast and then separate the hair at the crown of your head. Twist and wrap around in a bun. Use an elastic or hair tie depending on the thickness of your hair. My hair is extremely thick and it’s long so I have to use a hair tie. This is a go-to for me! Especially if I still have next day curled hair this is super easy to put up and run out the door if I need to.
The last style is a fishtail braid
I love the way this one looks instead of doing your classic side braid. Pull hair to one side and split it in half. Grab a small piece of the back left portion. Pull over the top and add to the right half. Now grab a piece from the back right portion. Pull over the top and add it to the left half. Continue doing this until you get to the bottom of your hair and you’re done! Super quick and easy. This took me just under 4 minutes to do.
I hope you found these quick hairstyles helpful!
What is your favorite 5 minute hairstyle that you like to do? I need to add some more to my hair bank.
To some parents the thought of potty training is a nightmare they’re not ready to face and to others they are excited and ready to start their potty training journey together. For me, I was the first one. When I tell people that I had Kellan day and night potty trained before he was 2 some didn’t believe it. Kellan had just passed the 1 1/2 year mark and we were going on 20 months. I finally said January 1st that I needed to get my butt in gear and get this potty training thing going because baby #2 was going to be here mid March and I didn’t have the time to waste.
So like the mom I am, I hit Pinterest pretty hard trying to find out tips and tricks to potty training. I always seemed to come across the, “Potty train your kid in 3 days” or “Have them potty trained over the weekend.” Well I am calling a big BS on that! Maybe it does work more for older kids, I’m not sure, but it definitely didn’t work for us. It took a whole month for me to get him mostly day potty trained. Nap and night potty training didn’t come until the next month.
So I came up with a little guide of things that worked for us. Some things I found online and others we figured out along the way. If you’re getting ready or already potty training or maybe need a different tactic hopefully these will help.
- Have LOTS of underwear on hand. I would say no less than 10 pairs. I remember we went through 7 pairs of underwear in one day! Which leads me into my next one..
- Be ready to wash a lot of stuff. We potty trained in the winter so we just bought extra pants.
- Sweatpants or stretchy pants work best. They were easy to change and the band was easy to pull up and down when we needed to hit the bathroom fast. Jeans can be a pain sometimes.
- Personally I didn’t want to clean out a little potty (poop just grosses me out) so we bought a new seat from Home Depot that has a detachable little seat that is magnetic to the lid. You can find it here. I love this thing. I found this to be easier for him to use the bathroom outside of the home too.
- Speaking of cleaning..when they have their accidents, which they will, we bought kid and pet spray to clean up with. We have carpet in the bedrooms so it helped clean up the mess. We bought it here.
- We did treats for going in the potty. 1 chocolate chip for going pee and 2 chocolate chips for going poop. I noticed he started to pee a lot more to get more chocolate chips. Whatever works though right!
- CONSISTANCY IS KEY! That is a huge one. When you start you need to commit because doing it one day and not the next and starting again in a couple of days will confuse them. I tried this a couple of times before I fully committed and he would get frustrated when he’d pee his pants because he thought he had a diaper on and it was just a mess for both of us!
- Go easy on yourself. Like I said it took us a month to get him potty trained with little to no accidents during the day. It can be so frustrating at times because some days they will be so good and go to the bathroom in the toilet/potty and the next they forget that they knew how.
- Always have wine on hand. No seriously, for the days that things didn’t go well it can be frustrating and a good glass of wine will help you forget..at least until tomorrow. I didn’t get to participate in it but for the next one I will!
I hoped you found some of this helpful! We’re going to be doing the same thing here soon with our little Knox. Have you potty trained before? What are something you found helpful or worked for you? Remember stay strong mama