It’s been a long time since I’ve posted anything BUT I’m back with one of the most delicious drinks for summer and if you guessed a Coconut Mojito you’d be correct! When I went to the store I ended up buying this Coco Real mix and actually had no idea what to use it for but I do love coconut so I figured I couldn’t go wrong.
- 2 Cups of Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/8 Cup of Sugar
- 1/2 Cup of Vegetable Oil
- 2 Tablespoons of Milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 2-3 Ripe Bananas Mashed
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips or Chopped Walnuts (OPTIONAL)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit.
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl and set aside
- In a separate bowl mix egg, sugar, and oil until completely combined.
- Now add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix well. It will be very dry and thick
- In the small bowl mash bananas until it looks like a creamy mixture.
- Add milk, vanilla, and mashed bananas. Mix until it’s all combined.
- (For our optional ingredients you can now mix chocolate chips or walnuts. I personally don’t add the walnuts into the bread I add it as a topper but you can add it into the bread if you’d like.)
- Pour into your bread loaf pan (Now would be the time to add the walnuts to the top of the bread)
- Bake for 60-70 minutes, knife should come out clean and Tada!
- 1 9x13 pan
- 2 cans of Refried Beans (We like to use Rosarita canned vegetarian beans)
- 4 Avocados
- 1 24 oz Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheese
- 1 can of Olives
- Green Onions
- Starting at the bottom, open your can of beans and spread evenly at the bottom of the pan.
- *Get your avocado mixture and spread evenly over the top of the beans.
- Add a layer of sour cream. I use about 3/4 of the container
- A layer of Salsa on top
- Spread a good amount of shredded cheese
- Toss on olives and cut up green onions to sprinkle over top
- *For avocado mixture I just like to mashup avocados in a bowl, squeeze some fresh lime juice over top and salt for flavor and mix everything together.
First let me say….the things you do as a mother. YUCK.
I HATE bananas.
I know what you’re thinking,
“If you hate bananas how can you make the best banana bread in all of the land?”
Answer: Everyone tells me that it’s the best banana bread.
This is super easy and one of my kids favorite breads that I make.
All of the ingredients you need you probably already have in your kitchen. Did you forget to eat a few bananas and feel guilty about throwing them away. WELL DON’T TOSS THEM! 3-5 past what you would have eaten the bananas are the best banana bread bananas. You want them to be brown and squishy!
Plus I got to use my new cast iron bread pan that I got for christmas! Thank you secret santa!
Heres the one I use
What You Need:
I hope you guys enjoyed this recipe. I’ve been making it for years! You can also bake these into little muffins. The kids like these in the morning for breakfast. Just cut the time down to 30 minutes and check on them.
Chili is a staple in our house come fall/winter time. A huge perk is any dinner I can make in the crockpot. It’s so convenient to start in the middle of the day after school drop-off and not have to worry about it again until dinner time! This chili recipe feeds about 8-10 people so it’s perfect if you want to invite friends over or have plenty of leftovers!
Ethan and I are coffee lovers. We love going out to get a latte, drinking coffee at home, and even going on morning coffee dates when the kids stay the night at the grandparents house. One of the best purchases we have ever made was our Breville Barista Express Espresso Machine. I’ve talked about this glorious machine before and totally recommend it to EVERYONE! It’s saved us so much money and all of our family and friends love it when they come over.
This holiday season is going to be a different one for me. I am trying to lose this last little bit of baby weight. If you have any tips send them my way! So in this attempt to be good for the holidays, I am going to be laying off the sweets, well as much as I can!!! I mean common it’s the best time of year with all of the treats! I wanted to come up with a fun cocktail recipe that was still delicious but cut back on the calories. Sparkling Ice is the perfect fizzy water to add to this creation because it has ZERO calories!
In case you didn’t know, Cinco De Mayo is on Friday. Who is ready to Fiesta!?
We usually have a little Cinco de Mayo party every year with family and some friends which is so much fun. This year though, this mama will not be having any margaritas or pina coladas! Total bummer!
Being a host of a party I love doing pot luck style. It takes some pressure off of me to cook everything and I love trying the different recipes people come up with! So if you’ve been invited to a fiesta this Friday, this super easy and totally tasty bean dip will be great to take!
What’s your favorite pot luck dish?