Hello! I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother’s Day yesterday! I know I did! Ethan and the boys surprised me with some plants and cacti that I’ve really been wanting and some beautiful flowers! We went to brunch with my family and saw that new movie Snatched. A very relaxing and great day if I do say so myself!
And on to our list..
- Plan a small getaway! I can’t emphasize enough that taking a trip before little one comes is huge. Whether this is your first baby or your fifth, getting away with your partner before baby comes is so nice. Once baby is here you definitely CAN go do those things but it’s not the same when you have to follow a little ones schedule.
- Soak up every nap you can get. Sometimes naps just are not possible for everyone but if you get the chance to, do it! I have grandmas that live close to me and when they offer to come watch the kids so I can rest you better believe I’m taking a nap!!
- Pregnancy photos. When you’re babe gets bigger you’re going to look back on those times and be so thankful you have your bump pictures.
- If you have older kids, spending one-on-one time with them. A lot of your time is going to be spent on the new baby and you want to make sure that they still feel loved and cared for. When we brought Knox home I remember it was quite an adjustment because if I was nursing or helping him I couldn’t just jump up and help Kellan with what he needed. He had to learn to be patient and wait for me to get to him.
- Have someone help or hire to deep clean your house. Nesting is no joke. Wanting your house to be spotless clean before baby arrives is normal. Plus you probably won’t be deep cleaning anytime soon after you have the baby.
- Have meals prepped. Now this is something I’ve never done while pregnant but now that I have kids that eat that I need to take care of we will be prepping and freezing meals to last a few weeks.
- Have your bags packed. It sounds silly to have to tell someone but when I was pregnant with Kellan my bag didn’t get packed until the day I went into labor with him! Can you say procrastinator.
- Preregister at your hospital. Now this is something that I WILL be doing this time. I missed out on my epidural with Knox because I wasn’t registered and the nurse had to do all of that before we could call someone in. Lesson learned!
- Get baby’s room and sleeping area ready. If you’re nesting then I’m positive you already have the nursery ready to go but if you haven’t yet, you’ll need to figure out if you want to co-sleep with your little one or if they’ll be sleeping in their room. Have some clothes washed and ready for babes arrival and a whole lot of diapers ready to go!
- Pamper YOURSELF! I always get a pedicure a few weeks before baby is due. I like to go get a facial or some kind of relaxing treat. You deserve it mama! You’ve been growing that baby for 9 months and need a little pampering before your sweet bundle of joy arrives! Just a side not, massages have been known to help induce labor incase you need another excuse to go!