First let me say….the things you do as a mother. YUCK.
I HATE bananas.
I know what you’re thinking,
“If you hate bananas how can you make the best banana bread in all of the land?”
Answer: Everyone tells me that it’s the best banana bread.
This is super easy and one of my kids favorite breads that I make.
All of the ingredients you need you probably already have in your kitchen. Did you forget to eat a few bananas and feel guilty about throwing them away. WELL DON’T TOSS THEM! 3-5 past what you would have eaten the bananas are the best banana bread bananas. You want them to be brown and squishy!
Plus I got to use my new cast iron bread pan that I got for christmas! Thank you secret santa!
Heres the one I use
What You Need:
- 2 Cups of Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/8 Cup of Sugar
- 1/2 Cup of Vegetable Oil
- 2 Tablespoons of Milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 2-3 Ripe Bananas Mashed
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips or Chopped Walnuts (OPTIONAL)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit.
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl and set aside
- In a separate bowl mix egg, sugar, and oil until completely combined.
- Now add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix well. It will be very dry and thick
- In the small bowl mash bananas until it looks like a creamy mixture.
- Add milk, vanilla, and mashed bananas. Mix until it’s all combined.
- (For our optional ingredients you can now mix chocolate chips or walnuts. I personally don’t add the walnuts into the bread I add it as a topper but you can add it into the bread if you’d like.)
- Pour into your bread loaf pan (Now would be the time to add the walnuts to the top of the bread)
- Bake for 60-70 minutes, knife should come out clean and Tada!
I hope you guys enjoyed this recipe. I’ve been making it for years! You can also bake these into little muffins. The kids like these in the morning for breakfast. Just cut the time down to 30 minutes and check on them.